- Location: Middle East
- Rig Type: Land Rig
- Number of MudCubes: 1
SINO 7 is equipped with three Derrick Flo–Line shakers. The MudCube was installed downstream of these shakers and all returns were diverted to it when drilling the 6⅛” hole sections on two wells with a diesel based drilling fluid.
The primary objectives for the installation of the MudCubes were:
- To reduce the volume of mud lost to less than 70% by volume of the drilled solids
- Reduce noise levels to below those of the existing shakers
- Demonstrate durability of the filter belts (screens)
The data from the 2 wells drilled were analysed and then measured against the target objectives:
- Geoservices’ CFM system was used to record and determine mud losses and solids removal efficiency
- Drill cuttings discharged from the MudCube were observed to be “very dry”.
- Mud losses over the 2 wells averaged 29% by volume of the solids drilled, significantly below the 70% target objective.
- Solids removal efficiency averaged 91% over the two wells with LGS and sand content maintained within specifications.
- Oil on cuttings averaged 8.39% by weight.
- Sound pressure level at existing shakers was 77 dBA
- Sound pressure level at MudCube was 74 dBA
Filter Belt Durability
- Four filter belts used over the 2 well trial
- Durability exceeded objective target by 54%